Saudi eVisa for Norway Citizens
The Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens is a digital travel authorization that allows Norwegian nationals to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes. This electronic visa was introduced to simplify the visa application process, making it more efficient and user-friendly.
The Saudi eVisa for Norway Citizens has made it incredibly easy for Norwegian travellers to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This electronic travel document streamlines the visa application process, making it more accessible and convenient. This detailed guide will provide all the information you require regarding the Saudi eVisa, from application requirements to the benefits it offers Norwegian travellers.
Saudi Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit Saudi Arabia for a period of time upto 30 days for travel or business purposes. International visitors must have a Saudi e-Visa to be able to visit Saudi Arabia . Foreign citizens can apply for an Saudi e-Visa Application in a matter of minutes. Saudi Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
Introduction to the Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens
The Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens is a digital travel authorization that allows Norwegian nationals to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes. This electronic visa was introduced to simplify the visa application process, making it more efficient and user-friendly. With the Saudi eVisa, Norwegian travellers can now apply for their visa online, without the need to visit a Saudi embassy or consulate.
The online application process for the Saudi eVisa is straightforward and can be completed within a few minutes. Once approved, the Saudi electronic visa is sent to the applicant's email address, eliminating the need for any physical documentation.
Saudi e-Visa is a required travel authorization for travelers visiting Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes. This online process for Electronic Travel Authorisation for Saudi Arabia was implemented from 2019 by Saudi Government, with the goal of enabling any of the future eligible travelers to apply for an Electronic Visa to Saudi Arabia. Learn more at Saudi Visa Online.
Eligibility Criteria for Norwegian Citizens
Norwegian citizens are eligible to apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa for tourism and leisure purposes. However, it is essential to keep a note that the eVisa is not applicable for other travel purposes, such as business, work, or pilgrimage. In such cases, travellers will need to apply for a traditional visa through the nearest Saudi diplomatic representation.
Citizens of 51 countries are eligible for Saudi Visa. The Saudi Visa eligbility must be met to obtain the visa to travel to Saudi Arabia. A valid passport is required for entry into Saudi Arabia. Learn more at Eligible Countries for Online Saudi Visa.
Applying for the Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens
The application process for the Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens is simple and can be completed online from the comfort and convenience of your home or office.
To apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa as a citizen of Norway, the following steps need to be followed:
- Visit the Online Saudi Visa application website.
- Complete the online application form by accurately giving the required personal information, passport details, and travel plans. It is essentially important to double-check all information before submission to ensure accuracy.
- Upload a recent passport-style photograph that meets the specified requirements. The photograph should have a clear and visible image of the applicant's face.
- Pay the visa processing fee using a valid credit or debit card. The fee amount may deviate depending on the kind of visa and the duration of stay selected.
- Review the provided information thoroughly and accept the terms and conditions of the eVisa application.
- Submit the application. It is recommended to keep back a copy of the submitted application or note down the application reference number for future reference.
- Await the approval of the Saudi Arabia eVisa. The processing time may vary, but email updates on the status of applications will be sent to applicants.
- After the eVisa is approved, it will be forwaded to the email address provided during the application process. It is crucial to print a copy of the approved Saudi electronic visa.
- Carry the printed copy of the eVisa when traveling to Saudi Arabia and present it to the port of entry's immigration officers. The printed copy should be kept safely throughout the duration of the visit.
To apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa as a citizen of Norway, applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- Valid Norwegian Passport: Applicants must possess a valid Norwegian passport. The passport should have a remaining validity that extends beyond the intended duration of the visit to Saudi Arabia.
- Recent Passport-Style Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph meeting the specified requirements, such as size, background color, and pose, needs to be provided as part of the application.
- Active Email Address: A working email address is necessary to receive important communications regarding the eVisa application process. Updates, notifications, and the final visa approval will be sent to this email address.
- Credit or Debit Card: A credit or debit card is required to pay the visa processing fee. The specific fee amount will depend on the kind of visa and the duration of stay chosen by the applicant.
The Norwegian passport must be working and applicable for at least a period of six months from the date of entry into Saudi Arabia. Moreover, the passport used for the eVisa application must be the same one used for traveling. This rule applies to Norwegian citizens with dual citizenship and multiple passports.
Processing Time and Fees
The processing time for the Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens is typically between 1 and 5 business days, provided there are no errors in the application form. It is highly recommended for Norwegian applicants to apply for the eVisa as early as possible to ensure they receive their travel authorization on time.
The Saudi eVisa processing fee includes mandatory medical insurance for Saudi Arabia, with coverage of up to $26,660 accepted by all Saudi hospitals.
The Hajj visa and the Umrah visa are two distinct forms of Saudi Arabian visas that are offered for religious travel, in addition to the new electronic visa for visitors. Yet to make the Umrah pilgrimage easier, the new tourist eVisa can also be employed. Learn more at Saudi Arabia Umrah Visa.
Validity and Duration of the Saudi eVisa
The Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens is valid for a total of 365 days (one year) from the date of issue. However, each trip must not exceed 90 days (3 months).
Please note that if the Norwegian passport expires before the eVisa's validity period, the eVisa will automatically become invalid.
The Saudi Arabia visa application is quick and simple to complete. Applicants must provide their contact information, itinerary, and passport information and answer several security-related questions. Learn more at Saudi Arabia Visa Application.
Multiple-Entry and Stay Duration
The Saudi eVisa is a multiple-entry document, allowing Norwegian travellers to enter the country unlimited times within the eVisa's validity period. However, as mentioned earlier, each stay must not exceed 90 days (3 months).
Unless you are a national of one of the four nations (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, or the UAE) free from visa requirements, you must show your passport to enter Saudi Arabia. You must first register for the eVisa online for your passport to be approved. Learn more at Saudi Arabia Visa Requirements.
Saudi Arabia Ports of Entry for Norwegian eVisa Holders
Norwegian travellers holding a Saudi Arabia eVisa can enter the country through any of the following ports of entry:
- King Fahd Bridge at the Bahrain border
- Al Batha crossing at the border with the United Arab Emirates
- King Khalid International Airport, Riyadh
- Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz International Airport, Medina
- King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah
- King Fahd International Airport, Dammam
- All Saudi Arabia seaports are open for eVisa holders arriving from Norway.
Learn about next steps, after you have successfully applied for Saudi e-Visa. Learn more at After you apply for Saudi Visa Online: Next steps.
Traveling to Saudi Arabia with the eVisa
When traveling to Saudi Arabia with the eVisa, Norwegian citizens must ensure they have the following documents in their possession:
- Printed Saudi Arabia eVisa: It is essential to carry a printed copy of the approved eVisa for Saudi Arabia. This document will be required for immigration clearance upon arrival.
- Valid Norwegian Passport: The Norwegian passport used for the eVisa application must be valid and should be the same passport presented at the port of entry.
- Proof of Accommodation: Travellers should have proof of accommodation in Saudi Arabia, such as hotel bookings or an invitation from a Saudi resident. This serves as evidence of where they will be staying during their visit.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: It is important to carry proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses for the duration of the stay in Saudi Arabia. This can include bank statements, credit card statements, or any other evidence demonstrating financial capability.
- Upon arrival in Saudi Arabia, Norwegian travellers must present these documents to the immigration officials at the port of entry.
With the advent of the online Saudi Arabia visa, travel to Saudi Arabia is set to become significantly simpler. Before visiting Saudi Arabia, tourists are urged to familiarize themselves with the local way of life and learn about any potential gaffes that might land them in hot water. Learn more at Saudi Arabia Laws for Tourists.
Important Information for Norwegian Travellers
Before traveling to Saudi Arabia, it is crucial for Norwegian citizens to familiarize themselves with the local customs, traditions, and laws, as the country adheres to strict regulations. Here are some important points for Norwegian travellers to consider:
- Modest Dress Code: It is important to dress modestly, particularly in public areas and religious sites. Both men and women should avoid revealing clothing and opt for conservative attire that covers the shoulders, arms, and legs.
- Public Displays of Affection: Public displays of affection, such as kissing or holding hands, should be avoided as they are considered inappropriate in Saudi Arabian culture.
- Alcohol Prohibition: The consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in Saudi Arabia. Travellers should refrain from bringing alcohol into the country or attempting to consume it while there.
- Restricted Entry to Holy Cities: Non-Muslims are not permitted to enter the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. It is important to respect this restriction and avoid attempting to enter these areas.
- Ramadan Observance: During the holy month of Ramadan, it is essential to be respectful of local customs and traditions. This includes refraining from eating, drinking, or smoking in public during fasting hours.
Additionally, due to the ongoing global pandemic, it is crucial for Norwegian travellers to stay informed about the current travel bans, restrictions, and health protocols in Saudi Arabia. It is recommended to regularly check official sources and consult with relevant authorities or travel agencies for the most up-to-date information before planning and undertaking any travel to the country.
Online Saudi Arabia tourist visas are available for leisure and tourism, not for employment, education, or business. You can quickly apply for a Saudi Arabia tourist visa online if your nation is one that Saudi Arabia accepts for tourist visas. Learn more at Saudi Arabia Tourist Visa.
Benefits of the Saudi Electronic Visa for Norway Citizens
The eVisa for Saudi Arabia is designed to provide numerous advantages specifically for citizens of Norway. These benefits include:
- Simplified Application Process: The eVisa offers a straightforward and streamlined application procedure, making it easier for Norwegian citizens to apply for a visa to Saudi Arabia.
- Convenient Online Application: With the eVisa, individuals can apply for their visa from the comfort of their own home or office, eliminating the need to physically visit a Saudi embassy or consulate.
- Time-Saving Processing: The eVisa ensures quick processing times, allowing Norwegian citizens to receive their visa approvals promptly and efficiently.
- Multiple-Entry Authorization: The eVisa grants travellers multiple-entry authorization, enabling them to enter Saudi Arabia multiple times within the visa's validity period.
- Flexible Travel Planning: The eVisa for Saudi Arabia is valid for one year, giving Norwegian citizens the flexibility to plan their travel to the country at their convenience within this extended timeframe.
- Inclusive Medical Insurance: The processing fee for the eVisa includes mandatory medical insurance coverage, providing an added layer of protection and peace of mind for travellers.
Using the website of the Online Saudi Arabia, you may rapidly apply for a Saudi Arabia e-Visa. The procedure is easy and uncomplicated. You may finish the Saudi Arabia e-visa application in only 5 minutes. Go to the website, click "Apply Online," and adhere to the instructions. Learn more at Complete Guide to Saudi Arabia e-Visa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can Norwegian citizens apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa if they are not currently residing in Norway?
A: Norwegian passport holders can apply for the Saudi eVisa regardless of their current country of residence.
Q: Can the Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens be extended?
A: No, the Saudi eVisa cannot be extended. If you wish to stay in Saudi Arabia for a longer period, you will need to apply for a new eVisa or a different type of visa, depending on your travel purpose.
Q: What happens if my passport is lost or stolen while I am in Saudi Arabia?
A: If your passport is lost or stolen in Saudi Arabia, you should immediately contact your nearest Norwegian embassy or consulate for assistance. They will guide you through the process of obtaining a new passport and ensuring your safe return to Norway.
Q: Is it possible to apply for a Saudi Arabia eVisa for Norway Citizens on behalf of someone else?
A: Yes, you can apply for the Saudi eVisa on behalf of another person, if you have their consent and all the required information and documents.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Saudi E-Visa. Get answers to the most common questions about the requirements, important information and documents required to travel to Saudi Arabia. Learn more at Frequently Asked Questions for Saudi E-Visa.
Check your eligibility for Online Saudi Visa and apply for Online Saudi Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight. British citizens, US citizens, Australian citizens, French citizens, Spanish Citizens, Dutch Citizens and Italian citizens can apply online for Online Saudi Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our Saudi Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.